Cost: $15 per person or $50 for a group of four or more from your congregation or organization
Shades Crest Baptist Church members please contact the church office to register for this event.
Stephen Ministry Introductory Workshops are half-day events where you and others from your congregation can:
- catch a vision for lay caring ministry;
- experience a sample of Stephen Minister training; and
- learn the basics about Stephen Ministry—how it works, the benefits it offers, and how to bring Stephen Ministry to your congregation.
You’ll come away with a clear understanding of the difference Stephen Ministry makes and a vision for getting it started in your congregation.
Attending one of these workshops is not mandatory for beginning Stephen Ministry—but they are an excellent way to get your questions answered and learn what Stephen Ministry is all about.
Three Engaging Sessions
Each workshop has three sessions:
SESSION 1: Ministering to Those Experiencing Grie
- Sample the quality of Stephen Minister training firsthand
- Develop grief ministry skills you can put to use right away
SESSION 2: An Introduction to Stephen Ministry
- Explore the life-changing value of this ministry
- Discover how to bring Stephen Ministry to your congregation
SESSION 3: How to Care in a Distinctively Christian Way
- Learn to integrate faith into everyday caring and relating
- Experience the Christ-centered nature of Stephen Ministry
Who Should Attend?
Each participant receives an informative packet of materials. Every congregation receives a set of DVDs with inspiring videos to build support for beginning Stephen Ministry.
- Pastors and church staff
- Lay leaders and decision makers
- Caregivers and caregiving teams