The Family Life Center is a congregational and community ministry of Shades Crest Baptist Church. We encourage a distinctly Christian atmosphere: to help promote good sportsmanship, healthy competition, enhanced family relationships and improved overall physical, mental and spiritual health.
The FLC summer hours are 10am-5pm, Mon. and Wed. and 10am-7pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Notice: Hours and FLC availability may change during summer months due to Church activities. Please check availability at RESERVE FLC TIMES.
We will be cleaning the facility multiple times throughout each day. We ask all guests to follow the following guidelines:
- Areas available for usage are the Fitness Center and an extension of the Fitness Center into the Game Room area, the Basketball and Racquetball Court. All equipment will be spaced 6-feet apart to ensure the health and safety of each guest.
- All guests using the Fitness Center and Courts are asked to sign up for times and use of specific equipment through our online site. Each session is limited to 45 minutes. To reserve, please go to https://scbcflc.simplybook.me/v2/.
- Courts may only have up to 4 persons per half-court area for basketball and up to 2 persons for racquetball court. To reserve, please go to https://scbcflc.simplybook.me/v2/.
- Guests are asked to wipe down equipment before and after each use.
- If you are sick or experiencing cough or fever or any other symptoms of illness we ask that you not come to the facility during that time.
- Group exercise classes are allowed to use the gym provided they practice social distancing. We also ask that each exercise guest use their own mat or other necessary equipment as we will not be providing these materials due to COVID-19 restrictions on shared equipment.
- As stated above, the FLC staff will monitor the facility to ensure these measures are being followed and to routinely clean equipment throughout the day.
We will do our absolute best to accommodate and provide everyone with the best facility possible while keeping everyone’s safety and health a priority.
- Shades Crest Community Basketball League: Grades 1-6 coed league with the goals for the children to have fun while learning the fundamentals of basketball, playing in each game, demonstrating sportsmanship and developing a proper view of competition. Games are each Saturday, December – February (no games during Holidays). Not currently available
- Gym: Basketball, racquetball. All gym usage should be reserved at least 24 hours in advance. See Gym Guidelines. To reserve, please go to https://scbcflc.simplybook.me/v2/.
- Game Room: Pool table, table tennis, and foosball. See Game Room Guidelines Not currently available
- Men’s Softball: Spring and Summer Hoover Leagues. Sign-up to play now by calling FLC at 822-1750 or Hardy Green at 613-8379.
- The Fitness Center: Cardio/weight machines and free weights. Open during regular FLC hours. You must complete a Family Life Center registration form and attend an orientation walk-through before your initial use. Call 822-1750 to schedule an orientation. All guests using The Fitness Center must be at least 14 years of age. See Guidelines above in IMPORTANT MESSAGE.
- Walking Track: 17 laps around inside of gym equals 1 mile. To reserve, please go to https://scbcflc.simplybook.me/v2/.
- Outdoor Running/Walking Course: See course at right.
- Ladies Wake-Up Workout: Tues. and Wed. 9:00-10:00 am. Join us for a fun, ladies only workout! Start out your day with some great music, great company, and the perfect balance of muscle strengthening and toning, low impact cardio, stretching and core work! Cost is just $6 per class. Bring a friend and join us in the gym.
Other Fellowship & Mission Opportunities
- Piddlers: Monday – Friday @ 8:00 am, coffee and fellowship.
- Senior Moments: Mondays, 9 am-Noon, lunch served at 11:30 am. Cost for lunch is $3. Contact Mark Johnson at 822-1360 for more information. Not currently meeting
- Women on Mission: First Tuesday of each month, 10 am-Noon. Not currently meeting
The Fireside Room is a meeting room in the FLC furnished in a home style setting. It is great for small Bible/book studies, teas, class meetings, etc. This area must be reserved in advance by calling 822-1750. Not currently available
Reserving the FLC
The FLC may be reserved by SCBC Members for parties and other family events. The cost is $50 per event and a reservation form is required. A security deposit of $200 is due upon completion of a reservation form. Deposit is returned provided the facility is left clean and undamaged.