The Family Life Center is a congregational and community ministry of Shades Crest Baptist Church. We encourage a distinctly Christian atmosphere: to help promote good sportsmanship, healthy competition, enhanced family relationships and improved overall physical, mental and spiritual health.
Summer Hours of Operation: Begin June 1
Monday: 8:00 AM — 7:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM — 7:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM — 5:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM — 7:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM — 10:00 AM
- The Fitness Center: Cardio/weight machines and free weights. Open during regular FLC hours. You must complete a Fitness Center registration form and attend an orientation walk-through before your initial use. Call 822-1750 to schedule an orientation. All guests using The Fitness Center must be at least 14 years of age. See Fitness Center Guidelines
- Walking Track: 17 laps around inside of gym equals 1 mile
- Outdoor Running/Walking Course: See course below
- Ladies Wake-Up Workout: Tues. and Wed. 8:05-8:50 am. Join us for a fun, ladies only workout! Start out your day with some great music, great company, and the perfect balance of muscle strengthening and toning, low impact cardio, stretching and core work! Cost is just $6 per class. Bring a friend and join us in the gym.
- Zumba Class: Wed. 9-10 am
- Mommy & Me Bootcamp: Mon., Wed. and Fri. 8:15-9 am; Jan.- March. An innovative stroller fitness program that helps moms regain or enhance pre-pregnancy fitness levels and meet the physical challenges of parenting by emphasizing strength training in a supportive environment. Call Stacey at 205 356-0374 for more info.
- Game Room: Pool table, table tennis and foosball. See Game Room Guidelines
- Gym: Basketball, volleyball (seasonal), batting cage (seasonal), racquetball. All gym usage by groups of 6 or more should be reserved at least 24 hours in advance. The gym is available for individuals at various times. These times change according to group and seasonal events being held at the FLC. You may call 822-1750 to confirm gym availability. See Gym Guidelines
- Men’s Softball: Spring and Summer Hoover Leagues. Sign-up to play now by calling FLC at 822-1750 or Hardy Green at 613-8379.
- Shades Crest Community Basketball League: A grades 1-6 coed league with the goals for the children to have fun while learning the fundamentals of basketball, playing in each game, demonstrating sportsmanship and developing a proper view of competition. Games are each Saturday, Dec.-Feb.(no games during Holidays). Registration for the 2017-2018 season will begin in September.
Other Fellowship & Mission Opportunities
- Piddlers: Mon.- Fri. 8 am, coffee and fellowship
- Senior Moments: Mondays, 9 am-Noon, lunch served at 11:30 am. Cost for lunch is $3. Contact Mark Johnson at 822-1360 for more information.
- Women on Mission: First Tues. of each month, 10 am-Noon
The Fireside Room is a meeting room in the FLC furnished in a home style setting. It is great for small Bible/book studies, teas, class meetings, etc. This area must be reserved in advance by calling 822-1750.
Reserving the FLC
The FLC may be reserved for parties and other family events. See FLC Guidelines
- SCBC Members pay $50 per day. A reservation form is required. A security deposit of $200 is due upon completion of a reservation form. Deposit is returned provided facility is left clean and undamaged.
- Non SCBC members pay $50 per day plus $25 per hour for staffing the event. A security deposit of $200 is due upon completion of a reservation form. Deposit is returned provided facility is left clean and undamaged.