Woman’s Missionary Union:
What is WMU? WMU challenges Christian believers to understand and be radically involved in the mission of God. This radical involvement happens as WMU in a church leads people to:
- Experience missions personally through ministry and witness
- Develop missions awareness
- Support mission work through prayer and giving
- Nurture lifestyles that reflect commitment and obedience to the Great Comission
Shades Crest offers a comprehensive missions education program for all ages that includes opportunities to learn about and participate in ministry activities locally and around the world.
Women on Mission:
Organizations for adult women meet on the first Tuesday and second Saturday of each month. Groups meet in our Family Life Center at 2024 Rockland Drive. The Tuesday morning group meets at 10 am. The 2nd Saturday Group meets at 8:30 am.
Mission groups for preschoolers ages two to kindergarten meets from 5:45 – 6:45. Preschoolers learn about missions though fun activities, bible thoughts related to missions, Cultural learning activities, praying, giving and helping others.
Mission Friends leaders
- Tell stories of how God is working in the world today
- Teach preschoolers that they have a purpose in God’s Plan
- Introduce preschoolers to a biblical worldview and global perspective
- Teach foundations of the Christian faith.
Girls in Action and Royal Ambassadors:
Mission groups for children in grades 1 – 4 meet on Wednesday nights from 6:15 – 6:50.
Children learn about missions through a variety of activities, learn scripture verses each month, and participate in mission projects such as handing out water to guests at community events, and raising money for missions through basketball shootouts.
As a GA I will do my best to live a missions lifestyle that honors God by learning about missions, praying for missions, giving to missions, doing missions and participating in the work of the church.
As a Royal Ambassador I will do my best:
- To become a well-informed, responsible follower of Christ;
- To have a Christ-like concern for all people;
- To learn how to carry the message of Christ around the world;
- To work with others in sharing Christ; and
- To keep myself clean and healthy in mind and body.